Production Technician Fabricator - Entry Level

Sorry, this job has expired.

Salt Lake City, UT

Job status
Full time
Benefits
Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Health Insurance, Disability Insurance, Dental Insurance, 401K / Retirement plan
Job description
Have you always enjoyed rolling up your sleeves, getting your hands dirty, creating something new, following a map or recipe, problem solving? Are you interested to work around manufacturing automation and production operations? If yes, then Midwest Industrial Rubber has an opportunity for you!

We are now seeking a Production Technicians (all skill levels) to work in our Salt Lake City production fabrication shop.

APPLY NOW: we are scheduling interviews for Thurs/Fri/Sat - Feb 28, March 1, March 2.

As a Production Technician you will be working with a team that is responsible for the fabrication and installation of conveyor belting and related industrial products. We will provide you with paid training.

Awesome Employee Benefits:
• Medical Insurance. We pay 90% of the premium for employee-only coverage, leaving only 10% for you to pay.
• Long-term Disability. We pay 100% of the cost for each employee’s long-term disability coverage.
• 401(k) retirement savings plan. The discretionary target for MIR is a 3% contribution. You are not required to match or contribute to receive the MIR contribution of 3%.
• Tuition reimbursement. We reimburse up to 90% of tuition, after 1 year of employment, for both undergraduate and graduate education.

Education requirements
• High school diploma
• 2 year technical college degree is highly preferred
Experience requirements
• Previous industrial or production experience is helpful, but not required.
• Forklift experience is helpful, but not required.
Qualifications
• Natural interest in mechanical/industrial/machine automation.
• Valid driver's license.
Responsibilities
• Operate light industrial equipment.
• Process orders safely and efficiently.
• Manage work to meet production schedule.
• Process shipments and maintain shipping supplies.
• Produce shipping reports.
• Maintain production cycle counts log.
• Report inventory usage to supervisor.
• Assist with inventory reporting.
• Interact with team and customers in a professional and courteous manner.

And as you progress with your skills / experience:
• Travel to customer's location to install product.
• Occasionally travel overnight to customer locations.
Skills
• Ability to read and properly utilize a tape measure.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, fractions, and decimals.

And just so you know.... This position requires regularly standing and reaching with hands and arms; occasionally stooping, kneeling or bending. Position also requires occasionally lifting and/or moving product packages... as small as a car timing belt and as large as a production line belt that could be up to 75 pounds. Yep, we fabricate belts, belts, and more belts... all sizes and shapes!
Work hours
• Monday-Friday, 7:30am-4:30pm.
Opportunities for overtime and bonuses!

About us:
Midwest Industrial Rubber, Inc. (MIR) is the premier independent, specialty fabricator and distributor of light weight conveyor belting and accessories in North America. Our focus is on providing value-added belting products and services through our 25 full service sales and fabrication facilities located across the U.S. Operating since 1980, our corporate headquarters is located in St. Louis, Missouri.

Apply today to connect with our recruiter. We will be scheduling interviews for Thurs/Fri/Sat - Feb 28, March 1, March 2.

We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.




http://jobpostmedia.com/privacy-policy/
9044